The forehead plays a vital role in both beauty and aging, and a clear smooth forehead can give you enhanced confidence. The development of forehead wrinkles, creases and frown lines can make you look older, agitated, stressed out or even worried, but there are some home remedies and non-invasive treatments in Singapore that you can consider.
Let us first understand how forehead wrinkles occur.
The science behind the ageing skin
The structure of the skin is supported by the extracellular matrix (ECM) situated between the dermis and muscles.
ECM imparts the skin with its unique elasticity and tensile strength. ECM itself is a complex scaffold composed of proteins and fibres produced by fibroblasts. The most important protein is collagen that ensures the structural integrity of the skin.
Fibroblasts stretch out through the collagen network and the resulting mechanical tension stimulates new collagen synthesis.
What causes forehead wrinkles?
With age or Sun-damage, collagen fibres deteriorate and break down into fragments. As a result, the mechanical tension decreases lowering the collagen synthesis.
Eventually, the ECM diminishes, the skin loses its support and integrity, starts sagging and we develop the dreaded grooves and creases on our foreheads.
Along with collagen, another important molecule called hyaluronic acid is also lost. This hyaluronic acid is responsible for water retention and the resultant plumpness or suppleness of a youthful face.
A decrease in hyaluronic acid level makes the skin lose volume and thin out until your muscles start showing in the form of indentation or sink spots. Once developed, these signs will never go away on their own. Extra efforts are needed to get rid of the signs of ageing or at least prevent them from progressing.
That’s why dermatologists recommend re-evaluating your skincare routine especially when you’ve hit the big 30.
How do you prevent forehead wrinkles?
With anti-ageing home remedies and natural ingredients in skincare products, you can prevent or treat the signs of ageing, as well as rejuvenate the skin to keep it healthy and glowing naturally.
- Hydration: The key to youthfulness. With aging, we lose hyaluronic acid which holds water in the skin. It makes sense that we need proper hydration to retain that moisture in our skin. Daily moisturization adds as well as traps the moisture in your skin.
- Sun protection: The direct impact of UV rays is a major cause of collagen damage. No matter the weather, or if you are indoors or out, always wear your sunscreen.
- Enhance your diet with vitamin C rich foods to stimulate collagen production for constant skin rejuvenation.
- A nourishing mask 3 to 4 times a week can do wonders. DIY masks using different combinations of aloe vera, egg white, banana, cucumber or yoghurt can help to nourish and moisturize skin in a cost-effective way and help the ageing skin to heal rapidly. A tinge of olive oil, coconut oil in your mask can help to increase elasticity and collagen levels refreshing your skin.
- Facial exercises do a great job in softening the frown lines and forehead creases.
These effective methods in treating forehead wrinkles and other signs of ageing on the face are ideal for those of us who prefer simple solutions. However, there are various anti-ageing treatments that are both surgical and non-surgical.
Aesthetic Treatments for Forehead Wrinkles in Singapore
If you are looking for a longer-lasting solution to prevent forehead wrinkles, there are some treatments in Singapore that are efficient and cost-effective. Forehead fillers are the latest craze in aesthetics, featuring a minimally invasive and painless way to achieve a nice, well-rounded forehead that enhances your overall appearance.
Check out our other blogposts on lunchtime aesthetic treatments that will give you the results you love – be it facelifts, dermal fillers, laser treatments, and more!