Today, people are looking for practical but safer alternatives, which is what a non-surgical facelift offers precisely. Gone are the days when people had to go under the knife for a simple facelift surgery to diminish the signs of ageing.
So, you know what a non-surgical facelift is, but what are its advantages over a traditional facelift? Read on below for all you need to know.
What Is a Non-Surgical Facelift?
Non-surgical facelifts are minimally invasive non-surgical procedures that aim to reduce the effects of aging on the face. The procedures are meant to rejuvenate the face without requiring hospitalization or large incisions.
Non-surgical facelifts provide a safer and faster alternative compared to surgical facelifts. The significant results that the procedure offers are enough for people to start embracing their non-surgical facelifts options.
What’s more, they typically require little downtime, which means you can resume your daily activities immediately after the procedure.
Types Of Non-Surgical Facelifts
There are different non-surgical facelift options available. We will look at some of the most common ones in this article.
- Botox: Botox is one of the most popular minimally invasive procedures facial rejuvenation. It reduces wrinkles and is often used to smoothen the common signs of ageing such as frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead creases.
Botox facelift works by temporarily relaxing targeted muscles. The injections are targeted at muscles that perform repetitive actions on the face.
Although the effects are temporary, they are very effective, and usually last between three to six months, after which a retouch is necessary to keep up the look.
- Dermal Fillers: This is one of the most effective non-surgical facelift procedures. It produces almost instantaneous results, restoring volume to the cheeks and lips under the eyes and the temples.
Dermal fillers eliminate wrinkles, reduce dark discolouration, and plump up sunken areas to create a more youthful look. How long your dermal fillers last is dependent on the type of products used.
For instance, collagen fillers only last for about three months, while hyaluronic acid fillers can last between six months to one year. Still, products like Poly-L-lactic Acid and Calcium Hydroxylapatite can have lasting effects of up to two years.
The primary differences between dermal fillers and injections are highlighted in the table below.
|Botox Injections||Dermal Fillers|
|– Temporarily freeze muscles that perform facial expressions|
– Suitable for reducing appearance of wrinkles and creases
– Lasts 3-6 months
|– Used to plump up areas that have lost volume|
– Can last up to 2 years (depending on the type of filler used)
- Thermage: Thermage is a non-invasive facelift procedure that uses radiofrequency to stimulate the production of new collagen to smoothen the skin texture, resulting in healthier-looking skin.
Thermage is effective in treating wrinkles, fine lines, and reducing cellulite. It is also used to lift the jawline, cheeks, and the brows, and is also one of the long-lasting facial procedures, with results lasting between two to three years. The average cost for a thermal treatment is $2,500.
- Threadlifts: Threadlifts are one of the trending cosmetic surgery procedures in 2020. It is a minimally invasive procedure that involves inserting thin, dissolvable threads in the face to “lift” the skin, therefore creating a youthful look.
The procedure stimulates the production of new collagen to tighten the skin and provide a firmer appearance. Threadlifts are suitable for treating loose facial features, sagging eyes brows, and loose skin. It is also perfect for people looking for natural results without scarring or surgery.
The effects of threadlifts are immediate and can last between six months to a year The average cost for threadlifts is around $2,500.
- Ultherapy: Ultherapy involves the use of ultrasound heat to trigger a boosted collagen production in the targeted areas of the skin. Ultherapy reduces the effects of aging on the skin by brightening and smoothening creases, thus producing a silkier and unwrinkled skin texture.
This therapy usually lasts about six months to a year, and the results are subtle, long-lasting, and progressive. People seeking this procedure typically require three treatments to see visible improvements.
The average cost of a session between $3,000-$5,000, making it one of the most expensive non-surgical procedures for a facelift.
Pros and Cons of Non-surgical Facelifts
Although non-surgical facelifts are minimally- or non-invasive, nonetheless, they do have pros and cons just like any other aesthetic procedure.
|– Requires little or no downtime|
– Offers the fastest type of facelifts procedures
– Requires no hospitalization or anaesthesia
– Improves self-esteem, and confidence
– Affordable, compared to surgical procedures
– Little or no scarring
– Opportunity to improve your look, without much stress
|– Does not offer a permanent solution|
– Results are more subtle and sometimes
– You must repeat treatments to keep up
– Expensive, in the long run, as a result of the added cost of retouching and maintenance
Non-surgical facelift procedures are a safer and more progressive alternative to surgical procedures. Unlike the dramatic results that you get from surgical procedures, non-surgical facelift allows you to transform and improve your looks in a subtle, progressive manner.
Although touch-ups are required periodically to maintain the look and feel of the skin, it is still considered as the best solution for people who are hesitant to try surgery.
Where to get a facelift?
This is the perfect time to stay looking great! It is always advisable to only resort to credible or certified aesthetic clinics – we’ve done our homework on the best aesthetic clinics in Singapore.
Ranking at the top of the list, Illumia Medical is now offering trial sessions for their non-surgical facelifting treatments! The first-ever beauty powerhouse in Singapore to offer only the latest and special edition machines for high client satisfaction.
Good news must be shared, right? Check out their first-trial promos below and share your facelifting experience with us!