Fat freezing is a medical procedure mostly known as CoolSculpting or cryolipolysis, and is an FDA approved way to safely eliminate the excess of fat, especially the one located in troubled body areas with the help of freeze (1).
Coolsculpting is a trendy procedure of fat freezing in Singaporeans since it is a safe medical treatment that effectively reduces stored fat by freezing the deposits and making your body to safely eliminate it, besides, this procedure is very fast and effective, non-invasive and no requires downtime or recovery time.
Studies have shown that patients who took the cryolipolysis manifested a fat reduction on the chosen are from 20 to 25 percent (2).
Fat freezing techniques are very effective in eliminating extra fat from trouble areas since it helps to kill fat cells by using cold. Then, these dead fat cells are efficiently and naturally eliminated from your system by your liver trough organic waste, thus making these procedures the safest way to eliminate the excess of fat in many trouble areas like the back, arms, thighs, tummy, hips, butt and calves.
Unlike liposuction, many people can use this method to eliminate stored fat since cold just affect fat cells and any other, in consequence, it doesn’t cause any damage to your skin or underlying tissue.
Fat freezing best results depend on your body and your lifestyle choices
Since all the bodies are different as well as underlying health conditions, results may vary from different body types. Your results will depend from these factors:
- Family history of obesity
- Skin type
- How your body responds to treatment
- The size of the fat pocket you want to get rid of
- Your lifestyle habits right after the treatment
Fat freezing is often used in the typical trouble areas of your body that resist going away with proper dieting and exercise.
In these conditions, CoolSculpting is the most effective way to get rid of store fat, with no downtime, no scarring, no surgical side effects, and minimal to zero recovery time; helping you to go back to your everyday life and chores almost immediately.
However, specialist agrees that the ideal candidate for these types of procedures possess a BMI of 30 or below, and has stubborn areas of soft subcutaneous fat that does not respond to diet and exercise.
With fat freezing, your stored fat cells will die when exposed to cold temperatures in a biological process known as apoptosis by then being eliminated through the lymphatic system.
The cryolipolysis process takes between one or two hours depending on the area and the size of the fat pocket you want to eliminate; it also depends on the desired results you want to achieve and the caring process you will take throughout the sessions and after the treatment is done.
It can take between 6 to 8 weeks to see the first results and 12 weeks to see the final ones; which is why several practitioners strongly advise following a diet and exercise regime to support the final result over time.
Before starting any fat freezing process, an esthetician or any other specialist needs to assess your body to help you choose the best approach for your fat storage issues as well as determining the number of sessions you will need to achieve all your body goals.
What should you do before fat freezing treatment?
Fat freezing procedures don’t require much preparation before getting started. However, you need to assure that you are close to your ideal weight as well as being healthy to assimilate the results of the process.
Still, some specialist might recommend you avoid the following:
- Taking any medication-related with thinning your blood such as aspirin, since they can make you more prone to bruising. If it is necessary, talk to your doctor if you can substitute them throughout the treatment
- Damaging the skin from the targeted area by cutting or bruising it. Since the treatment involves heavy massaging in your skin, it can worsen your bruising, so you will need to wait to recover from it
- Tanning the skin from the targeted area since this procedure makes skin more sensitive and will make the treatment painful
- Not suitable for people who suffer from cryoglobulinemia, cold agglutinin disease, or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria
Moreover, accompany your treatment with the following behavior:
- Bring a healthy lifestyle like balanced meals or dieting since a healthy body – in shape, well hydrated and close to the ideal weight – will process results faster and better
- Stop smoking and reducing your caffeine intake since it can prevent the healing process, delaying your final results
At the day of your sessions, make sure to check all these from your list:
- Use loose clothes as well as comfortable underwear that helps you to feel relieved while avoiding staining your sexy underwear with the gel used for the process. Though, you can bring another set of clothing – just in case -.
- Don’t arrive at your session hungry. Get there with a light meal to get you through the session
- Bring a book, iPad or other entertainment devices so you can spend the session hours calmed and relaxed
- Expect to be taken the before pictures prior to your first session so your specialist can keep track of your evolution
What should you do after fat freezing treatment?
Experts recommend following the next bits of advice to enhance and keep the results of a fat freezing therapy:
- Maintaining your ideal weight or the weight you had before sessions
- Keep a healthy and balanced diet
- Keep yourself well hydrated by drinking at least 2.5 liters of water so you can help your lymphatic system to eliminated dead fat cells
- Reduce your weekly caffeine and alcohol intake
- Incorporate exercising routines since keeping yourself active will contribute to increase and maintain your lymphatic circulation
Though different methods of fat freezing can efficiently destroy fat cells, they don’t remove all the fat cells in the treated area; which is the main reason why any weight gained between your treatment and your 8-week review could negatively affect your final results.
If you are thinking to recur to any fat freezing process on Singapore, we recommend you the leaders of fat freeze Singapore; the people of Illumia Cooltech.
Located beside Illumia Medical Aesthetic Clinic in Singapore, they possess a very efficient and proven fat freezing Singapore treatment called CoolTech IceSculpt Fat Freeze which consists of a full body treatment that targets multiple troubled body areas by using advanced and controlled cooling technology. CoolTech IceSculpt Fat Freeze will help you achieve your body goals by applying until 9 applicators in all your troubled areas so you can work them simultaneously and obtain the best results.
These applicators are specifically designed to adapt to almost all the most trouble body parts such as love handles, abdomen, inside the tights, buttocks, and a large etcetera. They are ready to do their job in the hardest to reach body parts bringing powerful and all-around freezing technology to give you a complete 360-degree experience of cooling on the treated areas. Make an appointment with them to achieve the best treatment plan tailored to your needs.